08 Oct The Mission Minute Issue #10
During this time of staying at home, Zoom calls, and reading overwhelming amounts of information — Mission Triangle is excited to pass along a “Mission Minute” full of simple nuggets of encouragement, key learnings, and announcements. We find them helpful and hope you do as well!
- In Memory of Will Saunders: On September 25th, local videographer and Mission Triangle friend Will Saunders passed away. If you’ve seen any Mission Triangle videos in the past couple years, most likely Will was the creative & professional mind behind them. Our community will miss him, but please join us in praising God for his life.
- The truth here is that God is the author of life and invites us to rest in that truth as we live our lives and lead our organizations.
Sound Business Principle
- Reserves: It may sound strange, but now is the time to consider your nonprofit policies on cash reserves. There is much to be discussed on the Biblical teaching around “storehouses” and the dangers of hoarding, but still, most leaders would argue that having some cash reserves is good stewardship. 2020 may or may not be the year for your organization to build reserves, but it is certainly the year to design policies for them in the future.
Mission Triangle Tool of the Week
- Nonprofit Essentials Digital Workshop: Join us for our final installment on October 15th — there are only a few spots left for this virtual training!
3 new books by Mission Triangle members and partner nonprofits!
- Audacious Generosity: A new book about Kingdom-focused generosity by Kevin White who serves as the ED of Global Hope India, a Mission Triangle Nonprofit Member. (Book will be released on Amazon hardback Nov. 17. Click the link above for an advanced free audiobook!)
- The Story of Foster Care: A book about foster care told through stories and photography by Empty Frames Initiative, a Mission Triangle participant.
- Succession: New book about the importance of Nonprofit succession planning by Peter Greer, CEO of Hope International, a Mission Triangle partner.
Spotlight of the Week
- Wake Monarch Academy: The story of Leah Wright and Wake Monarch Academy is a new featured UNC-TV 10 episode series. Watch and learn about the need for adolescent drug recovery services in our area.
- Refugee Hope Partners: RHP is one of five finalist organizations in the country up for the WORLD magazine Hope Award. Please take one minute and vote for them!
- Fair Food: For those of you who will miss the sights, sounds, smells and tastes of the N.C. State Fair this month, rest assured there are still ways to celebrate! First United Methodist Church of Cary, famous for the fair’s “original country ham biscuits” that they’ve made from scratch for the past 105 years, is offering a virtual class on how to make the biscuits at home!